Thursday, March 19, 2015

why I love swishing diapers in the toilet...











...Well, actually I don't really love swishing diapers in the toilet...it might be quite the opposite actually.  But it was a funny thing that swishing of the diaper the other day. So first, if you have no idea what I am talking about, I will spare you the details, it is one of the simple joys of cloth diapering if you have neglected to attach a sprayer to your toilet (are you getting the gist of it?) For those of you familiar with the cloth diapering, are you sympathizing with me, especially considering it is a two year old who is wearing them? But back to the point. As I sat there and swished the other day, feeling the woe-is-me pity party coming on I began to sing "Oh how I love..." and swishing was going to come out with sarcasm but what came out, "Jesus." And by His grace, I kept singing "oh, how I love Jesus because He first loved me." And how quickly my perspective changed.
He reminded me:
~how I had so earnestly wanted to use cloth diapers
~how an old college roommate (and friend) had sent me an entire box of new cloth diapers because she had never used them, only because she saw I was hoping to use them in a random Facebook post
~how we had held on to these diapers and not gotten around to selling them
~how even though these diapers had caused an allergy earlier in this little one, were now working beautifully when our finances were tight
~how I was blessed with sweet ones
~how I was blessed to have a bathroom
~how I was blessed to have water
~how I could and should praise Him even in the swishing of diapers
...and I sang with joy that day and I continue to each time I swish...because He blesses.

Perspective through a heart of gratitude...not in my own strength but by His grace, as I ask Him to renew my mind, to fill me with His Spirit and to give me His perspective. Humbly, day by day, treasuring each joy He fills me with, seeing it through His eyes and not my own and with the world's perspective. He is faithful.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV


No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts